It’s the day before Christmas and you forgot to get your favorite beer lover a present. Amazon ships quickly, but not that quick. So what do you do? Here are a few last minute gift ideas for the beer lover. One quick note, none of the links given are sponsored in any way (even via affiliate programs).
Sitting at home
Don’t want to leave your keyboard, me neither. Here are some easy gifts to get people from the comfort of your own home:
- American Homebrewers Association membership: ($38) It’s good for brewers and non-brewers alike. With the brewpub discount program, you could be saving your favorite beer lover a good chunk of change while promoting craft beer
- Magazine Subscriptions: ($16-$23) I often enjoy reading about beer and learning about what is going on in the industry. There are a number of magazines out there for beer drinkers and brewers. They are inexpensive and easy to give.
- Beer eBooks: ($0-$30) I love my Kinlde so I have a bunch of beer eBooks for it. The prices range from free up to $30 or so. You do not need a Kindle to read eBooks. If someone you know has an computer, tablet, or smartphone, they can read Kindle books. All you need to know is their email address if you are ordering off of Amazon.
- Gift Cards: There are a number of homebrew shops that offer gift cards. Either support your local homebrew shop or use the big online retailers like Midwest Supplies or Northern Brewer.
If the online thing is not your last minute dig, here are some physical options:
- Beer: Go out to the store and grab a six pack of craft beer. Better yet, get one of those sweet gift sets that come with appropriate glassware.
- Homebrew Shop: Head over to your local homebrew shop and pick up something nice. Most shops will have all of the items I mentioned in the online section. They will also have enough equipment and/or ingredients to keep someone you love very happy.
- Brewpub: If there is a brewpub in your area stop by and ask if they have gift card or mug club options.